XBMC announced today that Eden Beta 2 is now avaliable. Head over to http://xbmc.org/download/ to upgrade.
To install Beta 2, just run the executable you get from the download.
XBMC Press Release
“It’s been a productive few weeks in the race to release Eden. Since Beta 1, unencrypted bluray, dvd player, startup problems in OSX, airplay, subtitle issues, unofficial addon repository installations, and the frustrating TMDB scraper problems that have made it difficult for everyone to scrape new movies have all seen fixes. In addition, a great deal of progress has been made in the new XBMCBuntu build, which should be ready for the next preview release. Finally, all Beta 1 users are encouraged to update immediately to fix a scraper error that causes XBMC to crash.
The same warnings from beta1 still apply. Eden is quite stable already, but don’t forget that it is in beta. Builds for all platforms except XBMCBuntu are uploaded and ready to go. Download the latest in mediacenter goodness right here.
Translators and addon developers, please be sure to send your final pull requests for translations for XBMC and Addons for Eden.”
Some notable bug fixes include the following:
- Fixes applied for DVD/Blu-Ray playback (tested this myself, it made a huge improvement with DVD compatibility. Some of my older DVDs weren’t getting recognized in Eden Beta 1)
- Subtitle font issue worked out for some video cards.
- Fixed an issue with OSX startup and shutdown
- Fixed some bugs with the AirPlay features that were introduced in Eden Beta 1
- Brightened up the Eden splash screen, updated version markings to “BETA-2” (see new version here)
* The offical press release can be found here: http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2012/01/22/xbmc-11-0-eden-beta-2-available-now/#comments