Earlier this week, the team behind Seas0nPass updated their jailbreak to allow for an untethered (bootable without being connected to USB) jailbreak. This is great news for all of your who are running the current software or want the latest and greatest.
Currently supported on 4.4.4 software are the following:
- Couch Surfer
- Media Player
- Remote HD
- RSS Feeds
- Plex (0.9.0 beta versions only)
Jailbreak Apple TV:
First you will need to do the following:
- Get the latest version of iTunes.
- Downlaod the latest version of Seas0nPass (use links above).
- Get a micro USB cable.
- Disconnect any iPods, iPhones, and iPads from your computer.
- Extract the Seas0nPass zip file.
- Launch the App and hit “Create IPSW”
- It will then download the necessary software and create the Jailbroken file for you.
- Once prompted to connect your AppleTV, do so via the Micro USB cable and leave power disconnected.
- Once the light on the AppleTV begins to flash repeatedly, point the remote at the AppleTV and hold both the MENU and PLAY/PAUSE buttons for approximately 7 seven seconds. (Note: This will require the silver (aluminum) AppleTV remote that was included with the AppleTV2. The white (plastic) remotes wont work.)
- After you do this, iTunes will open and the restore process will begin. Once this is completed, you are jailbroken and good to go!